Aggravated Assault

Aggravated Assault

Aggravated assault is when someone attacks you in the process of committing another violent crime. For example: Someone is robbing a bank and then pistol whips one of the tellers. This violent crime can be tried as a criminal charge and/or a civil wrong lawsuit. Before taking any action, you should consult an accomplished Dallas criminal attorney to find out what your options are.

You Need A Strong Advocate

Someone being accused of an aggravated assault offense can receive a prison sentence of up to 20 years. Violent crimes can be punished severely when the accused is convicted. Having a good criminal attorney could be the difference between freedom or years behind bars. The variables that affect the severity of the crime are: injury to the victim, use of weapons, and the criminal record (if any) the accused has. With my extensive experience as an aggressive Texas defense lawyer, you have a much better chance of reaching a favorable outcome.

An Exceptional Track Record

I am criminal defense attorney Mark Perez, and I have tried many violent crime cases before juries to “Not Guilty” verdicts. The reason I have been so successful is because I leave no stone unturned in my investigation of your case. I am always 100 percent prepared to cross-examine the state’s witnesses and produce positive defense evidence in trial. Even in cases where the evidence is thick against the accused forcing a plea of guilty, I have settled for a sentence of probation with no prison time.

A Stellar Reputation

My excellent reputation in the legal community is the cornerstone of my firm — I know that effective representation begins with my strong relationships with prosecutors and judges. I use my experience and extensive knowledge of the criminal justice system to skillfully defend any criminal defense client.

If you have been charged with an aggravated assault or any criminal charge, you need the expertise of an accomplished criminal defense attorney like me. Please contact me immediately — online, or by phone at 214-646-1557 — for a free consultation.