Helping Clients Protect Their Future and Their Liberty

I-130 Petitions For Family Members

For many people who want to become residents in the United States, the I-130 petition is the first step toward obtaining a green card or naturalization. The I-130 petition is used to open the door toward immigration for a family member such as a husband, wife, parent, sibling or child. It can also be used for people who will become family, such as a fianc(é)e.

The I-130 petition is called the Petition for Alien Relative. Also known as a family petition, the U.S. citizen or permanent resident filing the petition is agreeing to sponsor the named relative. The I-130 petition process is a complicated one, and if not handled properly, your application can be delayed or denied altogether. The easiest and most efficient way of getting your I-130 application approved is to get the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

My name is Mark A. Perez, and I am an experienced immigration attorney serving Dallas and all of Texas. I am committed to serving my clients by doing my best to help them achieve their objective quickly and affordably. Save yourself time and invest in an experienced immigration attorney. I will make sure your petition is filed properly with all of the supporting documentation the first time. Call me for a free consultation at 214-646-1557.

How Long Will It Take?

Approval for an I-130 depends on a number of factors, including the number of applications for the USCIS, the immigrant’s country of origin and whether all adequate documentation has been provided. Realistically, the backlog for countries with many familial applicants such as Mexico will be much longer than for other countries.

How Can I Avoid Being Denied?

The greatest cause for I-130 petitions to be denied is incomplete paperwork. The USCIS needs to verify all of the information contained within the petition, and all of the necessary documentation must be provided at the time of application. When you work with our firm, your lawyer will make sure your paperwork is complete before filing the paperwork to ensure your application is not delayed.

What Is Next?

Approval of an I-130 is not the same as a green card, but it is required before you can apply for a green card.

Once your I-130 petition is approved, it will be forwarded to the National Visa Center. Because there are a limited number of immigration visas available each year, an immigration visa number will be awarded to you based on your priority date, which is when you filed your I-130 petition.

Save Yourself Time. Call Mark Perez Now.

If you are looking to sponsor a family member who wants to immigrate to the United States or you are looking to gain permanent residency, get experienced help from Mark A. Perez, Attorney at Law You can reach our Dallas law firm using our online information form or by calling 214-646-1557.