DWI Defense Attorney in Dallas
While many people think that a DWI/DUI charge is not a serious offense, it can have significant effects on driving privileges in the short term and serious effects on professional opportunities in the long run. Depending on aggravating factors, a DWI charge can have a sentence of two to 20 years in prison and a third DWI is a felony.
It is estimated that a DWI conviction can cost up to $17,000 in the long run considering fines, court costs, surcharges and increased insurance fees. Because of the stakes involved it is critical to begin protecting your rights as soon as possible by partnering with an experienced DWI defense attorney who can help you effectively and efficiently move toward a best possible outcome.
An Effective, Experienced Drunk Driving Defense Lawyer
I am attorney Mark Perez, and if you’re facing drunk driving charges, I want to help. Because I have worked on some of Dallas’ most complex criminal issues for nearly a quarter century, I am ready to look at all evidence related to your DWI charge to help you aggressively defend and work toward acquittal. It’s important to note that in these cases it is legal to refuse a Breathalyzer test but if you refuse police can obtain a warrant to draw your blood. I am able to ask several questions including:
- Did the arresting officer have sufficient cause to perform a stop?
- Did the officer properly administer a breath test if it was accepted?
- Did the officer properly administer any field sobriety tests?
- Did the officer violate any of your constitutional rights?
If there is a discrepancy in any of the answers to these questions, I am ready to bring a comprehensive knowledge and experience to aggressively attack the case against you and work toward dismissal.
You Deserve A Qualified DWI Attorney — Call Me Now
Whether you have been charged with your first DWI , a repeat DWI offense, or intoxication with assault, it crucial to get a knowledgeable lawyer on your side. Se habla Español.
For a free consultation at my Dallas, Texas, office to discuss your DWI case, call me at 214-646-1557.
Related DWI Blog Posts:
- Elements that must be proven in a DWI case
- Discuss drinking and driving myths with your child
- Do I have to submit to field sobriety tests?
- Driving intoxicated in Texas – what you should know
- Ignition interlock devices for first time DUIs in Texas (2015)